Monday, May 6, 2013

The US of YA - from Epicreads

A friend of mine sent me a link to this website from Epicreads, which provides an awesome map of the United States with each state decorated as a young adult novel that takes place there.  I LOVE this!  I immediately hit up my father (who owns a printing company) to print a huge poster-sized one in full color for my classroom.  Can't wait to get it and put it up!

Of this list, I have read:
* Indiana (my home state!) - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
* Maine - Delirium by Lauren Oliver
* Michigan - Wake by Lisa McMann
* Minnesota - Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
* Nevada - Crank by Ellen Hopkins
* New Jersey - White Cat by Holly Black
* Ohio - I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
* Washington - The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

And MANY of the others have been on my TBR list for a good while now.  My new goal is to read all of the books on this poster (and add them to my wall of books) by the beginning of the next school year.

What do you think, fellow readers?  Do you have favorites on this list that I should bump to the top of my pile?  Would you subsitute a different book for any of the states?  Have you read the book from your home state, and did you like it?

1 comment: