Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Decorating for Book-Lovers

A few weeks ago, I was struck with a genius idea for decorating my classroom.  I teach high school English, and I am always trying to come up with ways to inspire my students to pick up books for pleasure.  So I spent a few quality hours with Google Images and used a LOT of colored ink in my printer, and voila!  Reading inspiration...


All across the front wall of my classroom, I taped up printed copies of the covers of all the books I've read (since 2011, when I started keeping a list).  Here's a closer view of part of it:

 
I would say that this project has been a huge success.  At first, my students said, "Whoa, I can't believe you've read all those books!"  But once we got past that, students started investigating individual titles.  Now, I'm asked multiple times a day, "Was that book good?" or "Tell me about that one."  I definitely recommend this decorating project for any teacher.... or for any bibliophile who has a wall at home to decorate.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment