Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Haven't Finished

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic: 10 series that you have not finished for one reason or another.  For some, I haven't finished because I didn't enjoy the first book.  With others, I just haven't gotten that far yet.  Here we go:

1. The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver - I've read Delirium, Hana (book 1.5), and Pandemonium, and I'm looking forward to finishing up the series when Requiem is released (March 5, 2013).
 
2. The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson - I read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and I was really turned off by the violent, graphic, disturbing nature.  I have no plans to ever read The Girl Who Played With Fire or The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest.
 
3. The Seeds of America Trilogy by Laurie Halse Anderson - I read and enjoyed Chains and Forge, and I look forward to the release of Ashes (October 1, 2012).
 
4. The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black - I read Tithe and didn't like it all that much.  It was fine, nothing wrong with it, but I don't plan to pursue Valiant or Ironsides when there are so many other books on my TBR list.
 
5. The Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore (James Frey and Jobie Hughes) - I read I Am Number Four and The Power of Six, but I haven't managed to check out The Rise of Nine yet (it was released last month).  I do plan to read it, though I'm not sure I'm crazy enough about the series to pursue all the supplemental books.
 
6. The Clockwork Angel trilogy by Cassandra Clare - I haven't started it yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.  It's on my TBR list.
 
7. The Matched trilogy by Allie Condie - I'm purposely waiting to start this one until the final book is released (Reached, November 2012), because I know it will make me crazy to start and not be able to finish.
 
8.  The Maze Runner series - I've read The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, and The Death Cure, and I'm actually working on The Kill Order right now.  So I'll be done soon!
 
9. The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness - I actually thought I had finished this series (The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, and Monsters of Men), but now I hear there's an additional short story available (The New World) online, so I'm going to have to check that out.
 
10. The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth - I'm waiting to start this one until the third book is published in the fall of 2013, because I know I'll be hooked once I start and won't want to have to wait to finish!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment