Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.  This week's topic: 10 books on your fall TBR (to be read) list.

1. The Kill Order by James Dashner.  I just got home from checking it out at the library.  I have to admit that I'm not as excited about it as I initially was, because I really want to understand the genesis of Thomas and Teresa and how they came to work for WICKED.... and friends tell me that this book won't answer those burning questions.  Still looking forward to it though!

2. It Isn't Summer Without You by Jenny Han.  I have been waiting patiently for my library to get a copy of this book for nearly 3 months now (ever since I fell in love with The Summer I Turned Pretty), and finally, tonight, I got my hands on it!

3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer.  Because my sweet friend Carrie loaned it to me 3 months ago and I feel really guilty about not being able to give it back to her yet...

4. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga.  It seems that everywhere I turn, someone else is reviewing this book or suggesting it as a great group read for discussion.  I need to see what all the fuss is about.

5. The Selection by Kiera Cass.  Again, it seems that everyone is talking about this book.

6. Liar and Spy by Rebecca Stead.  I absolutely loved her When You Reach Me and am excited to check out her newest work.

7. The Pact by Jodi Picoult.  Because she's one of my favorite authors, yet I haven't read a single book by her this year.

8. Matched by Allie Condie.  I have heard nothing but rave reviews of this trilogy for ages now, but I've been waiting to start it until the third book is published--I hate having to wait for upcoming publication dates to finish a series!  But with Reached to be published this November, I think I'm safe to get started.

9. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins.  Completely contrary to my expectations, Anna and the French Kiss was utterly delightful.  I just devoured it.  I can't wait to get my hands on this companion novel.

10. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.  After a bit of a rocky start, I loved her Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, and everything I've heard indicates that The Scorpio Races is even better.

1 comment:

  1. The Host is one I would love to read as well - and I loved The Scorpio Races. Hope you get to all these during Fall :-)

    ReplyDelete