Sunday, September 9, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 9

The 30 Day Book Challenge is an event happening over at In Between. There are book-related topics for every day of September. I'm playing along.... come join me!

 
The topic for Day 9 is "your favorite quotes about books."  Ah, so many that I love!  Here's a sampling:
 
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero
 
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."
- Jorge Luis Borges
 
"'Classic'--a book which people praise and don't read."
- Mark Twain
 
"I cannot live without books."
- Thomas Jefferson
 
"Make it a rule never to give a child a book you would not read yourself."
- George Bernard Shaw
 
"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally--and often far more--worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond."
- C.S. Lewis
 
"Books are my friends, my companions.  They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life."
- Christopher Paolini
 
"After nourishment, shelter, and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world."
- Philip Pullman
 
"Books are uniquely portable magic."
- Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment