Saturday, September 29, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 29

The 30 Day Book Challenge is an event happening over at In Between. There are book-related topics for every day of September. I'm playing along.... come join me!

The topic for Day 29 is "an author you wish was more well-known."

For this one, I'm going with an author (and a person) near and dear to my heart.... my friend of over 20 years, Melissa Raguet-Schofield.  Ever since we were kids, I have loved to read the stories she has to tell.  She is a beautiful, talented writer.  Unfortunately, her works have not been published yet.... but I am honored to be a reader of her drafts as she labors to break into the world of publishing.  Last year, I read her first novel, Waiting for Orpheus, and I am currently reading her second work, tentatively titled Girlfriend.  Let me tell you, folks, I read a lot of books, and I know that Melissa's works are far better than many that I've picked up off my library's shelves.  Publishing is a hard business to break into, but I sincerely believe that she can become a success in this industry.  Here's hoping!

2 comments:

  1. You are the best person ever, thank you so much! This almost makes me want to open the file and start writing again. Or, at least, send you the second draft of Orpheus :)

    ReplyDelete