Friday, September 28, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 28

The 30 Day Book Challenge is an event happening over at In Between. There are book-related topics for every day of September. I'm playing along.... come join me!

The topic for Day 28 is "where do you read?"  I feel like I already answered this (Day 18), but here goes.....

As the mom of 4 kids ages 6 and under, I read pretty much whenever and wherever I get a spare minute.  I carry a book with me pretty much everywhere.  That way, if I have 2 spare minutes before preschool pickup or while waiting for my first grader to get off the bus, I can get in a couple of pages.  When I read with my kids, we're usually cuddled up in a rocking chair (if it's just one of them) or on the couch or in my bed (if it's 2 or more kids).  When I was younger, I loved to just sit at the library  or in a bookstore and read, surrounded by other people who loved books--but now time away from the kids is rare, so I don't do that very often anymore.  As I said on Day 18, I'm not too picky about the places that I read, but if at all possible (which is rare in my life), I do prefer for it to be quiet so I can read uninterrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment