Wednesday, September 19, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 19

The 30 Day Book Challenge is an event happening over at In Between. There are book-related topics for every day of September. I'm playing along.... come join me!

The topic for Day 19 is "the most disturbing book you've ever read."
 
I usually try to steer away from seriously disturbing books (unlike my stepmom, who has a deep love of true crime novels).  In recent memory, I'd definitely say The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.  The graphic sexual violence was too much for me.
 
Over the course of a lifetime, though, I'd have to give a shout-out to all those V.C. Andrews books I devoured during high school.  Seriously, series after series of brothers and sisters falling in love (while usually not realizing they were actually related).  What on earth was I thinking to read all that junk?

No comments:

Post a Comment