Sunday, September 16, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 16

The 30 Day Book Challenge is an event happening over at In Between. There are book-related topics for every day of September. I'm playing along.... come join me!

The topic for Day 16 is "a book that you think is highly overrated."

I'm already feeling guilt over this topic, because I feel like whatever book I answer with, that will discourage people from reading it, and I NEVER want to discourage people from reading.

But if I had to answer, the one that comes to mind first is Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.  I'm sad to say that, because they are two superstar writers.  But I feel like the book got a lot of hype from the movie version (which I have not seen and therefore cannot comment on), but the book itself was just so-so.  I was tempted to not even finish the book, except that I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  I've enjoyed other books by those authors though (including Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, which they wrote as another collaboration), so don't let this turn you off of them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment