Monday, September 10, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 10

The 30 Day Book Challenge is an event happening over at In Between. There are book-related topics for every day of September. I'm playing along.... come join me!

 
The topic for Day 10 is "three books you'd really like to see go to the big screen."
 
Well, let me start by saying that it's very rare that I actually see movies.  I did manage to make it to see "The Hunger Games," but that's the only movie I've seen in a theater in about two years.  So for me, the "big screen" usually means "DVD at home six months later."  That being said, my picks are:
 
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
According to Wikipedia, 20th Century Fox has already bought the film rights to this book.  Fingers crossed.  I think that some of the technology in this book, as well life outside the cities, would be very interesting to see.
 
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Movie rights for this one have also been purchased by Fox, so I'm hopeful that I'll actually get to see it someday.  I don't think that the characters are very well-developed in the book, but that might not bother me so much in a movie.  I also think that the maze and the Grievers would look pretty awesome in a movie.
 

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I hesitate a bit to pick this one, because part of what made the book so great was the old photographs that accompany it, and those would be hard to incorporate into a movie.  But I do think that there could be some very neat cinematic things happening with the children and their abilities and the loop.  Actually, I just looked this one up as well, and apparently Fox has also purchased its rights and named Tim Burton as director for a future film.  Very cool.
 
So even though I didn't know that ANY of these were being made into movies before I picked them, apparently at least a few other people out there (people who are employed by Fox, anyway) think like me.  Looks like my wishes are going to come true!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment