Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Review: The Graveyard Book

Original blurb published on January 1, 2012.


I would never, ever have picked this up on my own. It looked creepy, but it was also my first assignment for my Materials for Youth class. It was my first Gaiman book. Most people either love him or hate him, but I find myself to be pretty indifferent. The premise of this book is that a baby's parents are killed and he somehow manages to then crawl into a graveyard while eluding the killer himself. He is then raised by the ghosts and other mystical creatures that inhabit the graveyard. I liked the book, but it felt somewhat disconnected to me, more like a book of short stories (all about the same character) than a novel.

If you want to hear more, I'd recommend these reviews:
* from Book Love

No comments:

Post a Comment